Thursday, August 25, 2011

Creative Juices II - first sketch

First week of classes has been going well and I am excited to be back in the art studio, more specifically the print making studio. Today we started working on a collograph but mainly had time to mix paint/colors which was so therapeutic and fun for me so when I got back to my room, I just wanted to keep those art juices/humours flowing and followed up on the last post. This is the first draft/pencil sketch of what I was thinking. Originally from the waist down it was going to be fully patterned but then that was going to be a lot of work and then later I realized that it would make it look too busy and draw away from the dress form. I intend to make a nicer drawing of this and then color it at a later point. So stay tuned if you are so inclined to do so and leave comments as well.


2 comments:

Yarn Dependent Me said...

I dont know much art stuff, so I googled collograph....
I like your dress! Make me one?

Gaby said...

Heh, it's okay I didn't know either until I took the intro to printmaking class. If I ever get around to finding the right sewing patterns and similar fabrics, I wouldn't mind making you one as well as plenty of time.