Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Freud + Men + Narcisism = Jerk

So I have come to agree with Freud a little bit about his theory of transference, however, I have to say it is only when people continually reinforce that idea that it becomes fact. Take for instance myself, I have this disposition or idea that all men are jerks. This I learned from my father because he was a jerk in that he wanted everything his way and was immature and never grew up but is a selfish boy in an adult body still. Perhaps it has do with his raising as a child, his family, or a mental problem, the point is he refuses to accept the truth that he isn't perfect. Now I naturally thought beforehand that there were better men than my father and so I did find myself men who were indeed better than them but I also saw how they weren't as mature as most of my friends are. Those that I even deemed to find perfect eventually revealed their flaws to me by ways of their incapability to resolve certain situations efficiently and quickly. Rather they seemed to think that it was better not to confront things but either to run away from them or completely ignore them hoping things will get better. My experiences have taught me better than to make that choice as well as to not to expect men to be aware of that fact. So in a sense, because they couldn't make a better choice they ended making things worse because it was too much of a discomfort to them to make that better choice and thus they are jerks. I know there are probably some fallacies to my logic but it is not like I don't give men a chance to prove me wrong or act upon my thinking. Rather it just is my defense mechanism when it comes to dealing with men. It prevents me from getting my hopes to high or being surprised in the bad way. I have been surprised in good ways and there is nothing bad in that way. In fact, when I call men jerks, it isn't something personal. It is more my way of saying they are not perfect. I know nobody is perfect but I think women are more perfect than men atleast that's what my experience has shown me. I know not all women are like that and I know we can be truly mean and vicious more so than men but it is not those women I speak of in high opinion. I am not a sexist, I am just trying to avoid having my hopes crushed.

No comments: