Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What would a Russian leader do? Part Two:

A month into the new year, a month of bad luck, a month of busy-ness...

So school is good, just hard to keep up with all my reading but good nonetheless. I am enjoying work and confirming the fact that architecture will always be my passion no matter what. I just don't know if I will be cut out for foreign service. Don't get me wrong, I like doing clerical work for my supervisor at the school of architecture and planning but as I pass by the arch. students' projects and work in the comp. lab, my heart just wishes I could be one of them. However, I am too distracted to focus on architecture at the moment. Foreign languages and art nibble at my mind and I need to work on those two before I can focus on architecture. Until I get those out of the way, I won't be able to devote all my time and energy to architecture especially when doing overnighters. I want to be able to sit down and patiently work on my models and schematics for architecture and currently I cannot.
Secondly, this being the month of February and it nearing spring, I have found that I still haven't met anyone who would be interested in dating me, at least for a month. I mean I do put myself out there but I am not going to throw myself at every cute guy I meet. While my S. Texas friend opened my mind to dating, it didn't necessarily help with my current situation that much. The funny thing is that while I have increased my number of guy friends, I still have no potential dates. The year started well, with a potential one but apparently he was pursuing more than one girl and the other one won over me so there went that date. He still is my friend but the funny thing is he doesn't bother to call me even when he got a new phone. My other guy friend who seemed a potential date, I was told was not a good match for me because he wasn't the greatest person and very much sexual (something I am not sure I am ready for). Funny enough both were long distance but I didn't mind that. I like the idea of dating people from other places. It is part of the wanting to learn and experience more and wanting to travel around. Well, if anything I am not going to rush the process, I am going to wait for God's timing whenever that is.

No comments: