Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Nobody is human
But if you are going to do something
Then you better do it
And do it right
And not half-done

So I don't know what to think of our government anymore. On the one hand, it is alot better than an oligarchy or monarchy but on the other hand, it is not a democracy. I think I understand what the Russian revolutionary leader must have been thinking....do you pick either a crazy power-hungry person to lead a country or do you pick the one that is too liberal and easily influenced to lead? That is always the question of the elections because the truth is that sometimes neither of the candidates have what it takes to lead or at least don't focus on what is truly important. I mean we are all human here.

That leads me to another point. I wish I could sue the person who mapped out the streets of albuquerque. I mean what is the deal with the inconsistencies and the odd intersections and the steep ramps. Seriously, why is it so hard to develop a good street system. Now I know that cities grow and change but the municipal govt. is still in control of street development. So why did they come up with such crazy street designs. Seriously, my hometown had much better city streets than here and we have both a mountain and a military base in the middle of the city so why is it so hard to have consistent streets here in Albuquerque!?!?

As a a result of bad city planning, I have gotten into two accidents. One a year ago and another just yesterday. The funny thing is that both times I wasn't completely at fault because it was poor city design involved. The first one the light was nearly a block away and right in front of a highway on-ramp so it is hard to spot right away. The second accident was because a darn school bus blocked my view of the stop sign and since the streets variate from every other street to have stop signs I figured I had the right away. Both times I took precautions and was not speeding! Still, I have the impression that other people won't believe me even though in both accidents, there were people who said that those intersections were problematic. So I am not alone in thinking that this city needs better street planning. Now I know that to redesign the whole city street scheme is unrealistic, I just want to point out that in this case I wasn't at fault. I wish I could sue the city for their complex street schematics because it is crazy. I am half-tempted to call a random lawyer and see what they can do for me. Even if I don't I still have a court date where I can contest my tickets.
One other thing that got me annoyed was that they gave me a ticket for not having a NM driver's license. Maybe because I had a local address they thought I was a resident, but the truth is that I am just now establishing my residency after being in the dorms for 3 years and my Tx license doesn't expire until 2010 anyhow. To get a driver's license in NM, you apparently have to go through this whole dwi program which I hear doesn't even work. I mean people will continue to do what they do no matter how many times you tell them not to. It is not like teens aren't aware of the fact that they put other people in danger when they drink and drive but they still take that risk because i guess they think they are invincible. Well, anything important in life is always a a gamble and the fact is that unless you are extremely lucky, you will always have unfortunate results in your lifetime. Nobody makes no mistakes, because we aren't perfect. This is a fact of life. I don't know but I wouldn't want to live in the Burque after graduation simply because I hate the street design. I prefer cities that are better designed.

Well according to history, every democracy that has ever existed only has worked up to a number of years and we are reaching that point pretty soon. I mean this make sense because the fact is that we are human and we err and sin and thus bring doom upon ourselves - not God. We like to blame others for our actions, we like to make ourselves feel better by reading and gossiping about the problems of others but we fail to look at ourselves first. We keep expecting others to change before us but we don't want to change ourselves first. So how are we expected to get along. I am in agreement with my friend that this nation is very spoiled and because of that we are going downhill. I mean I am sure if we worked hard to be independent instead of having everything handed to us on a silver spoon - this nation would be in a better place/situation that it is now. I know I am not perfect but I also accept that in others. This world after all is gray and not purely black and white and there is no easy answer to anything important in life. There is always something else involved. The problem is that the insurance system and the justice system seem to think in black and white. You are either guilty or not and that is true but if we judged everyone on that system, then every single person on this planet is guilty because we have all sinned in one way or the other. The only difference is the effects those sin have on people - mortal sins:kill and all the rest subversively damage others in ways that sometimes can't be seen. Now I am not trying to bash society, there are good people and good things from this society. I am just saying that we need to stop judging people period unless of course you are an actual judge. I am saying this world is gray and thus should think what that means about everything else. There are some evil people and there are some saints but those are rare and far in between. The rest are human.

No comments: