Monday, May 09, 2011

Carbs!

I love carbohydrates! in all its forms. I mean bread is just the most amazing thing, and well I have been baking since I discovered that the store-bought cake mixes make pretty tasty cakes. Not to mention bread also tastes so good when you are a starving college student; no wonder in literature poor people (I am thinking Les Miserables here) would steal bread! I also have been in love with pasta of all kinds since little. I would eat at least two bowls of spaghetti every time my mom made it!

Cakes and fruit tarts!

Now that I am planning on running a marathon which means extensive running, I have even more incentives to eat carbs because they are a runner's best friend! So I am going to hunt for some delicious pasta recipes. I already found the most amazing simple tomato sauce recipe! I also discovered an interesting French linguine recipe that calls for butter, dried fruits and pistachios that I want to try out sometime soon.

Also going back home this last weekend, I was so nostalgic for pan dulce or sweet bread that I grew up eating all the time. It brings back memories of my youth as does dancing. My mom took me to the local bakery to pick out my own bread and boy did that make me happy! I was smiling from ear to ear and I ended up buying a lot of bread.
The local bakery where I got my pan dulce!
All the different kinds of pan dulce! I had a hard time choosing which pastries I wanted!

2 comments:

Yarn Dependent Me said...

I too, love me some carbs....

Except ramen. Which I only like.

Gaby said...

Ah yes I got sick of ramen after my sophomore year of college, but there is hope as I learned American ramen is much different from Japanese ramen. Though Japanese "pastas" are also delicious!